|“||Oh man. They say he could level a skyscraper.||„|
Story[edit | edit source]
Each Doomfist has wielded a powerful gauntlet. One of the Doomfists was defeated by Winston, and the gauntlet put on display. Widowmaker and Reaper tried to retrieve it but were fought off by Winston and Tracer. Doomfist's gauntlet was used by a bystander, Brian, against the Talon operatives.
A Doomfist exhibit opened in Numbani on one of its Unity Day celebrations. Doomfist's gauntlet was transferred from the Overwatch Museum to Numbani. Currently, another Doomfist remains active, as he seeks to undermine the peaceful omnic-human relations within Numbani.
Sometime after Overwatch's recall, Doomfist fought against several OR15 defense units specifically designed to protect Numbani against him. The OR15 units were destroyed, and no civilian casualties were reported. Doomfist's gauntlet was thereafter stolen from Numbani.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Doomfist was not intended to be a major character during development—he began life as a throwaway line in the intro cinematic to Overwatch (the name of "Doomfist" itself was invented by Chris Metzen). After his gauntlet featured in the cinematic, and references were made to him in Numbani, it was decided to make him a "generational character," as in, when multiple characters in the same universe wear the same moniker (Metzen has used The Flash and Green Lantern as examples of this concept). The developers have discussed making Doomfist a playable hero. If a Doomfist becomes playable, he will be aware of the Doomfists that preceded him.
- There is a Reaper voice clip mentioning Doomfist: "Doomfist should do his own dirty work."
- The Doomfist gauntlet is pictured at the end of the Sombra Origin Story video as a node in the conspiracy web diagram.
- The Doomfist banners bear a striking resemblence to the boxart for the original Doom, most notably the font that the word doom is in.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2015-12-10, How Blizzard is making up Overwatch's story as it goes. PC Gamer, accessed on 2015-12-24
- 2014-11-07, Overwatch Cinematic Trailer. YouTube, accessed on 2014-11-30
- 2015-08-04, Volskaya Industries CEO announces increased mech production after new attacks from Siberian omnium.. Twitter, accessed on 2015-08-11
- Overwatch, Numbani
- 2015-11-07, THE WORLD OF OVERWATCH. Blizzpro, accessed on 2015-11-17
- 2017-3-2, Developer Update | Introducing Orisa | Overwatch, Youtube.
- 2017-02-24, Overwatch Tweet, @PlayOverwatch, Accessed on 2017-02-24
- 2017-02-21, , The Overwatch Character Teases Continue In-Game. Accessed on 2017-02-25
- 2016-07-17, I went over all available voice files on the PTR... Comment by Jbrown765 Reddit, accessed on 2016-11-07