|AI computer system|
|Evelyn Duah (English)
Sonia Casillas (American Spanish)
Athena is the narrator in Overwatch.
Story[edit | edit source]
Recall[edit | edit source]
When Winston watched the worsening events of the world from the news reports, he was motivated to recall Overwatch agents to active duty. However, Athena stepped in before he could do it, reminding him of the Petras Act which made any Overwatch activity illegal.
The base was attacked by Talon agents, including Reaper. The agents immobilized Winston with taser cables while Reaper headed to another room and attached a device to machinery on the wall. Athena determined that the device was hacking into her systems to extract the database of Overwatch agents, and alerted Winston to it.
Winston managed to fight off the agents, but Reaper knocked him out. Athena's voice awakened Winston, warning him that Reaper was going to have all the Overwatch agents' locations. Winston managed to defeat Reaper and destroy the hacking device. From his terminal, he scrambled to stop the download and save Athena. To his shock, the screens went black and she became unresponsive. After a tense moment, Athena came back online and announced that the virus had been quarantined.
The agent recall screen reappeared before Winston and he again considered the choice. This time Athena made no protest as Winston finally decided to activate the recall.
Providing Wisdom[edit | edit source]
Reflections[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Concept art for the cut hero Iris and the cut map The Iris feature Athena's "A" logo in their designs.
- Athena was the goddess of wisdom in Greek mythology.
- At one point, there was a screen on Watchpoint: Gibraltar that read, "Athena: Winston please respond..." which has since been removed.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2017-02-16, Andrea Toyias Twitter. Accessed on 2017-02-16.
- Tracer: Reflections
- Fran's live Ashe gameplay stream with Jeff Kaplan
- Screenshot of Athena's message before it was removed