Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Crowd Control is an effect in Overwatch.
Knock Back[edit | edit source]
A Knock Back is an ability that forcibly moves a hero. All explosive weapons with the exception of Energy Ball apply knock back, and will not be listed below.
- Weapons that apply Knock Back
- Abilities that apply Knock Back
- Ashe: Coach Gun
- Brigitte: Whip Shot
- D.Va: Boosters
- Doomfist: Rocket Punch
- Junkrat: Concussion Mine
- Lúcio: Soundwave
- Pharah: Concussive Blast
- Reinhardt: Charge, when someone has already been pinned, or was hit by the edge of the hitbox.
- Roadhog: Whole Hog
- Sigma: Accretion
- Soldier: 76: Helix Rocket, applies as much knockback as an explosive weapon
- Winston: Jump Pack
- Wrecking Ball: Grappling Hook, at max speed.
Knock Up[edit | edit source]
A Knock Up is an ability that changes a hero's momentum, as well as forcibly moving them a fixed amount. Typically, a player cannot control their movement until they land.
- Abilities that apply Knock Up
- Ashe: B.O.B., knocks up when first activated.
- Doomfist: Rising Uppercut
- Doomfist: Seismic Slam
- Wrecking Ball: Piledriver
- Sigma: Gravitic Flux
Stun[edit | edit source]
A stun is an ability that prevents a player from making any input, as well as immobilizing them.
- Abilities that apply Stun
- Abilities that apply effects similar to Stun
- Mei: Blizzard and Endothermic Blaster, primary fire. These both apply freeze, after a target has taken enough ticks of damage from the abilities. Can be cleansed.
Knock Down[edit | edit source]
Abilities that apply Knock Down
- Reinheardt: Earthshatter, knocks down enemy players in front of him
- Sigma: Accretion, throws a projectile that knocks down any enemy hit
Abilities that apply effects similar to Knock Down
- Ana: Sleep Dart, puts the enemy to sleep. Ends upon the sleeping hero receiving any damage.
- Reinhardt: Charge, pins a hero and moves them until the ability ends, or they hit a wall.
- Roadhog: Chain Hook, grabs the hero and pulls them towards Roadhog.
Interactions that result in Knock Down
- Brigitte's Shield Bash, Reinhardt's Charge, Doomfist's Rocket Punch and/or Ashe's charging B.O.B damaging each other
Slow[edit | edit source]
A slow is a weapon or ability that prevents a hero from moving at top speed. Slowing effects caused by enemies stack with each other, but do not stack with self-inflicted effects. Instead, the greatest slowing effect of the two will take effect.
- Weapons that apply Slow
- Abilities that apply Slow
- Weapons that apply a self-inflicted Slow
- Ana: Biotic Rifle (Scope)
- Ashe: The Viper (Scope)
- D.Va: Fusion Cannons
- Hanzo: Storm Bow
- Orisa: Fusion Driver
- Widowmaker: Widow's Kiss (Scope)
- Abilities that apply a self-inflicted Slow
- Brigitte: Whip Shot, Barrier Shield
- Doomfist: Rocket Punch (Charging)
- McCree: Deadeye
- Reaper: Death Blossom
- Reinhardt: Barrier Field
- Roadhog: Chain Hook and Whole Hog
- Sigma: Accretion
Graviton[edit | edit source]
An ability that pulls a hero towards a point. This may last over a duration.
Weapons that apply Graviton
- Abilities that apply Graviton
Root[edit | edit source]
A root is an effect that prevents a hero from moving, but enables them to still fight back. Disables mobility abilities.
- Abilities that apply Root
- Bastion: Configuration: Sentry, applied on self.
- Junkrat: Steel Trap
- Mei: Cryo-Freeze, applied on self.
- Pharah: Barrage, applied on self.
Non-Mobility Crowd Control[edit | edit source]
There are other forms of Crowd Control that do not affect a hero's movement capabilities.
Anti-Heal[edit | edit source]
An Anti-Heal prevents a hero from receiving any healing.
- Abilities that apply anti-heal
Hack[edit | edit source]
A hack silences a hero, preventing them from using any abilities. This also disables most passives.
- Abilities that apply hack