Damage amplification increases the damage dealt or taken by a hero.
Abilities that amplify damage dealt[edit | edit source]
Multiple damage amplification effects that increase damage dealt can apply simultaneously, and unlike damage reduction, there is no maximum multiplier. If a hero is being damage boosted, their projectiles are only amplified if the hero was being damage boosted when it was released.
- Ana: Nano Boost +50%
- Baptiste: Amplification Matrix +100%
- Mercy: Caduceus Staff's secondary +30%
- Orisa: Supercharger +50%
Abilities that amplify damage taken[edit | edit source]
These are applied separately from amplification effects that increase damage dealt.
Abilities that cannot be damage boosted[edit | edit source]
If a hero is being damage boosted, the following abilities do not have their damage amplified. They will still do more damage if their victims are affected by Orb of Discord.
- Ashe: B.O.B.
- B.O.B.'s damage can be amplified, but amplifying Ashe's damage does not affect B.O.B.
- D.Va: Self-Destruct
- Hanzo: Dragonstrike
- The arrow can be amplified, but the dragons cannot.
- Junkrat: Steel Trap, RIP-Tire
- Sigma: Gravitic Flux
- The lift can be amplified, but the slam cannot.
- Symmetra: Sentry Turret
- Torbjörn: Deploy Turret, Molten Core
- The turret's damage can be amplified with Amplification Matrix, but amplifying Torbjörn's damage does not affect the turret.
- The impact damage from Molten Core can be amplified, but the damage over time cannot.
- Widowmaker: Venom Mine
- Wrecking Ball: Minefield
- Zarya: Graviton Surge
- The impact damage from Graviton Surge can be amplified, but the damage over time cannot.
Calculation[edit | edit source]
If two or more damage amplification effects for damage dealt are applied simultaneously, they are added together. For example, Orisa's Supercharger and Ana's Nano Boost will result in a +100% damage increase for a total of 200% damage.
Zenyatta's Orb of Discord amplifies damage taken; therefore, it is applies its multiplier separately. Orb of Discord and Mercy's Damage Boost will result in 162.5% damage.