Damage amplification increases the damage dealt or taken by a hero.
Abilities that amplify damage dealt[edit | edit source]
Caduceus Staff, Nano Boost, and Supercharger are considered damage boosts. Projectiles are only amplified by them if the hero was being damage boosted when they were released.
Abilities that amplify damage taken[edit | edit source]
|Zenyatta||Orb of Discord||+25%|
Abilities that cannot be damage boosted[edit | edit source]
These are also applicable with Amplification Matrix.
- B.O.B.'s own damage can be amplified, but amplifying Ashe's damage does not affect B.O.B.
- The arrow can be amplified, but the dragons cannot.
- Gravitic Flux
- The lift can be amplified, but the slam cannot.
- Deploy Turret
- The turret's own damage can be amplified with Amplification Matrix, but amplifying Torbjörn's damage does not affect the turret.
- Molten Core
- The impact damage from Molten Core can be amplified, but the damage over time cannot.
- Graviton Surge
- The impact damage from Graviton Surge can be amplified, but the damage over time cannot.
Calculation[edit | edit source]
The equation used to calculate damage in general is as follows:
Damage dealt modifiers and damage taken modifiers are applied separately. This means that if Zenyatta's Orb of Discord (+25% damage taken) is on a target and an attack boosted by Mercy's damage boost (+30% damage dealt) hits that target, the damage would be of the base damage.
Multiple amplification effects of the same category—damage dealt or damage taken—are added together. For example, if Ana uses Nano Boost (+50% damage dealt) on a target who then shoots through Baptiste's Amplification Matrix (+100% damage dealt), the damage would be of the base damage.
Interaction with damage reduction[edit | edit source]
Damage reduction from abilities such as Fortify, Ironclad, Nano Boost, and Take a Breather modify damage taken, just like damage taken amplifiers. This means they add together when combined, and apply separately from damage dealt modifiers. If Orb of Discord (+25% damage taken) is on Bastion with Ironclad (−20% damage taken), Bastion takes of all incoming damage.
The lowest the damage taken value can go is 50%. If a Bastion with Ironclad (−20% damage taken) gets Nano Boosted (−50% damage taken), Bastion's damage taken is 50% because it cannot be lower than that. However, if that Bastion is then affected by Orb of Discord (+25% damage taken), Bastion's damage taken would bebecause damage reduction itself is not limited to 50%, only the minimum damage taken value.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mercy gains ultimate charge equal to the damage she amplified.
- Hypothetically, the highest damage dealt value is headshot multiplier. Using Widowmaker's 2.5× headshot multiplier, the absolute highest increase from the original damage would be . and the highest damage taken value is . Combined, the maximum damage amplification would be . This can then be further increased with the
- Healing amplification works the same way as damage amplification, though the only healing dealt amplifier is Amplification Matrix (+100% healing dealt) and the only healing taken amplifier is Biotic Grenade (+50% healing taken). Together, the target would gain of the base healing.