Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Damage amplification increases the damage dealt or taken by a hero.
Abilities that amplify damage dealt[edit | edit source]
Multiple damage amplification effects that increase damage dealt can apply simultaneously, and unlike damage reduction, there is no maximum multiplier.
- Ana: Nano Boost +50%
- Baptiste: Amplification Matrix +100%
- Mercy: Caduceus Staff's secondary +30%
- Orisa: Supercharger +50%
Abilities that amplify damage taken[edit | edit source]
These are applied separately from amplification effects that increase damage dealt.
Abilities that cannot be damage boosted[edit | edit source]
If a hero is being damage boosted, the following abilities do not have their damage amplified. They will still do more damage if their victims are affected by Orb of Discord.
- Ashe: B.O.B.
- B.O.B. himself can be damage boosted, but damage boosting Ashe does not affect B.O.B.
- D.Va: Self-Destruct
- Hanzo: Dragonstrike
- The arrow from Dragonstrike can be amplified, but the dragons cannot.
- Junkrat: Steel Trap, RIP-Tire
- Sigma: Gravitic Flux
- The lift can be amplified, but the slam cannot.
- Symmetra: Sentry Turret
- Torbjörn: Deploy Turret, Molten Core
- The turret's damage can be amplified with Amplification Matrix, but amplifying Torbjörn does not affect the turret.
- The impact damage from Molten Core can be amplified, but the damage over time cannot.
- Widowmaker: Venom Mine
- Wrecking Ball: Minefield
- Zarya: Graviton Surge
- The impact damage from Graviton Surge can be amplified, but the damage over time cannot.
Calculation[edit | edit source]
If two or more damage amplification effects for damage dealt are applied simultaneously, they are added together. For example, Orisa's Supercharger and Ana's Nano Boost will result in a +100% damage increase for a total of 200% damage.
Zenyatta's Orb of Discord amplifies damage taken; therefore, it is applies its multiplier separately. Orb of Discord and Mercy's Damage Boost will result in 162.5% damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mercy gains ultimate charge equal to 30% of the damage dealt by her damage boost target, but only for attacks that whose damage can be amplified.
- Even though Graviton Surge's impact damage can be amplified, for some reason, it does not grant ultimate charge to Mercy. Molten Core is similar to Graviton Surge (its impact damage can be amplified but its damage over time effect cannot), and amplifying Molten Core's impact damage gives Mercy ultimate charge. Graviton Surge is the only attack that does not give Mercy ultimate charge, despite damage boost amplifying its damage.