|Modular science station|
Background[edit | edit source]
Maintained by Overwatch, the ecopoint served as a monitoring station for the study of Earth's changing climate.
Disaster struck the station when it was hit by a polar storm, damaging the station's solar array. Cut off from the outside world, the scientists were left stranded in the damaged facility. As their supplies dwindled, they entered cryostasis in a last-ditch effort to survive until a rescue attempt could be made.
Rescue came years later, but Dr. Mei-Ling Zhou was the only survivor. By this point, Overwatch was no more, and the eco-watchpoints had ceased to operate. Mei left the base after receiving a recall order from Winston.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Like all elimination maps, Ecopoint: Antarctica contains no health packs. Other maps with no health packs include Necropolis, Black Forest and Castillo. The map is modular, with six core habitat modules. These are as follows:
- Crew Quarters
- Cryo Lab
- Climatology (monitoring station)
The base also featured a helipad and radio tower. The helipad's copter was frozen over because of the storm, and the radio tower damaged as well.
Staff[edit | edit source]
The base's staff consisted of the following:
- Adams (researcher)
- Arrhenius (climatology)
- MacReady (engineering)
- Opara (cryonics)
- Torres (cryonics)
- Mei-Ling Zhou (climatology)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The map was revealed during BlizzCon 2016.
- There is a door in the scientist's private quarters with a note on it saying "Happy Birthday to Mei".
- A monitor in one of the spawn rooms displays a low power warning and a message that states "additional supply depots required." This is a reference to the terran supply depot structure in StarCraft.
- During the Winter Wonderland Event, this map changes to Holiday themed variant with Christmas lights and Auroras in the Sky.
- In September 2019, a snow globe saying "Grey" was added to one of the desks in the base.