Efi Oladele is an inventor from Numbani with notable achievements in robotics and artificial intelligence, including the creation of Orisa. She is an admirer of Overwatch, and is a fan of Lúcio's music.
Story[edit | edit source]
Oladele was interested in robotics from a young age. When her parents gave her her first robotics kit, she became obsessed with putting together little drones. When she started to get good at it, she tried to build robots to do her chores and help around the house. By the age of eleven, she had put together an impressive resume in robotics and artificial intelligence. She received the Adawe Foundation's prestigious "genius grant," in recognition of her many accomplishments.
The following month, she was interviewed by Atlas News in their "Spotlight on Numbani" segment. When asked as to what she would do with her grant, she avoided answering the question, but did confirm that her parents would be taking her on a trip to celebrate, in what would be her first time flying. However, the outing was seemingly cancelled when an unknown assailant (Doomfist) destroyed several OR15s at the Numbani international airport; Efi took a photograph of the damage, which was later circulated by Atlas News. Having built robots all her life, Efi felt the need to build something greater than her original bots—a "true guardian of Numbani."
Sometime later, Efi posted an image on her holovid channel, captioned "Time to get to work!", that showed a list of items she was gathering for an unknown purpose. The parts were used to construct Orisa, an upgraded and advanced OR15 with the added touch of personality. Orisa was constructed from an OR15 chassis bought from the civil government with most of Efi's grant money, and the allowance of her open-minded parents. Efi sought to create a robot that would act as the hero Numbani needed, and fulfill the initial well-meant intentions of the OR15.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Efi's last name is Yoruba Nigerian in origin. The Hero of Numbani indicates that Efi is of Yoruban heritage.
- In English, Oladele means "wealth has come home."
References[edit | edit source]
- Overwatch, Orisa Quotes
- 2017-02-21, An Interview with Inventor Efi Oladele, PlayOverwatch. Accessed on 2017-02-21
- 2017-02-24, Overwatch Tweet, @PlayOverwatch, Accessed on 2017-02-27
- 2019-10-03, NYCC 2019: New Overwatch Book – The Hero of Numbani. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2019-10-19
- 2017-02-27, Overwatch Tweet, @PlayOverwatch, Accessed on 2017-02-27
- Orisa, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2017-03-02
- 2017-08-26, Overwatch PTR 1.15 – Numbani Posters, Museum, and Payload Updated. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2017-08-28