Helix Security International
|Helix Security International|
|Private security contractor|
Helix Security International, otherwise referred to as Helix Security Systems or Helix Securities is a private security firm. It is funded by the United Nations and acts as a global security force.
Background[edit | edit source]
The Temple of Anubis[edit | edit source]
HSI currently has a contract to safeguard the Temple of Anubis. A few years after it took control of the facility, the "god program" Anubis broke containment. 3 hours after the incident, HSI sent in an engineering team, but lost contact with them. It thus sent in a "kill everything" team under the command of Captain Khalil. From the outset, the team was dogged with adversity—Okoro, an omnic, was hacked by Anubis, the omnic taking his own life to prevent himself falling under Anubis's control. Soon afterwards, the team was attacked by sentry bots, which resulted in Khalil's death. As Lieutenant Amari took command of the operation, she and her fellow members successfully entered the temple and shut Anubis down.
Watchpoint: Grand Mesa[edit | edit source]
HSI personnel were stationed at Watchpoint: Grand Mesa—a former Overwatch outpost. However, they failed to stop the theft of a pulse rifle by an unknown assailiant. No personnel were killed, though some had to be treated for non-threatening injuries.
The Doomfist Breakout[edit | edit source]
The organization's maximum security prison was breached in a Talon operation. A Talon aircraft bypassed the base's defenses without incident, which led some to speculate that Talon had moles within Helix. The mercenary known as Reaper easily overcame the base's security and freed Akande Ogundimu, possibly freeing other inmates and retrieving items stored in the facility. HSI lost track of Ogundimu until he resurfaced in Numbani, where he clashed with the newly introduced OR15 defense robots at the Adawe International Terminal, easily destroying them and reclaiming the Doomfist gauntlet.
It was three months later that the events at the base became public knowledge, and when asked, HSI refused to confirm whether other inmates had escaped. Questions were ranged at Helix's effectiveness and methodology, as the breakout was just one of a number of incidents where Helix's effectiveness had come up short. Nonetheless, HSI requested, and was granted, additional funding by the UN to cope with rising threats, much to the dismay of those who'd objected to the increased privatization of security following the disbandment of Overwatch.
Known Members[edit | edit source]
- Captain Khalil (deceased)
- Lieutenant Fareeha Amari
- Aizad (deceased)
- Okoro (deceased)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sombra has expressed a desire to break through Helix's firewalls in a set up voice line on Temple of Anubis.
References[edit | edit source]
- Overpwn.com - Possible Content Teaser, Overwatch Strings Datamining - New Hero, Progression, Hero Customization, Achievements. (2015-10-29).
- Pharah: Mission Statement
- Pharah, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-01-20
- 2017-07-04, TALON INVOLVEMENT CONFIRMED IN PREVIOUS ATTACK ON HELIX FACILITY. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2017-06-18
- 2015-07-01, Experimental Weapon Stolen from Watchpoint: Grand Mesa. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-07-06
- Overwatch, Sombra Quotes
- 2019-03-13, Baptiste - Developer Q&A Answers. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2019-03-14