June 21, 2016 Patch
|June 21, 2016 Patch|
|June 14, 2016 Patch|
|June 23, 2016 Patch|
|All Patch Notes|
Note: Many of these changes were rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.
General[edit | edit source]
- Disabled "Avoid This Player" functionality
- Note: The game UI option is still active, but will be removed in a future patch
- Developer comments
- The "Prefer"/"Avoid" player system was designed with the best intentions; however, it's not currently performing in a way that we feel is healthy for the game. While the "Prefer This Player" option is more or less working as intended (and is thus still enabled), the "Avoid This Player" option has impacted the matchmaker in negative way and led to some very poor player experiences across the board. Although we like the idea of being able to say "hey, I'd prefer not to play with this person," the implementation of the mechanic is not where it needs to be. We're still looking at ways to iterate and improve upon features that empower players to reduce toxicity and harassment in their games; we just want to be sure these features don't accidentally punish positive community members as a side-effect.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed even more bugs that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause projectiles to hit Reinhardt instead of his Barrier Field in "High Bandwidth" Custom Games
- Fixed several client crashes