|“||Enter, the OR15 defense bots! They took the old Idina model from the Crisis and gave them a complete makeover. They kept us safe. For a while.||„|
|~ Efi Oladele|
History[edit | edit source]
The OR15 defense robot was an omnic based off the Omnic Crisis OR14. It was designed to protect the citizens of Numbani from potential external threats and more importantly, Doomfist; twenty years after the Omnic Crisis. While the units were suited for battle and initially performed their function, they soon lost horrifically in a fight against Doomfist in the Numbani airport. As a result of the fight, Doomfist's gauntlet was stolen. Subsequently, the citizenry of Numbani gave up hope on the OR15. After the attack, the program was scrapped, the units decommissioned, and the civil government sold off the remaining OR15s.
The young girl Efi Oladele purchased one of the decommissioned OR15 units and created Orisa, an upgraded version of the OR15 designed as a singular unit to represent what the OR15 units were supposed to do for her city.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2017-02-27, Overwatch Tweet, @PlayOverwatch, Accessed on 2017-02-27
- 2017-02-21, An Interview with Inventor Efi Oladele, PlayOverwatch. Accessed on 2017-02-21
- Orisa, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2017-03-02
- 2017-03-22, Michael Chu's Twitter, Twitter. Accessed on 2018-11-17.
- 2017-02-24, Overwatch Tweet, @PlayOverwatch, Accessed on 2017-02-24
- 2017-3-2, Developer Update | Introducing Orisa | Overwatch, Youtube.
- 2017-02-21, The Overwatch Character Teases Continue In-game, GameSpot. Accessed on 2017-02-25