Omniums are self-improving automated robotics factories installed in locations worldwide, originally constructed by the now-defunct Omnica Corporation. Though these factories were eventually dismantled following evidence of corporate fraud, they later reactivated of their own accord and launched attacks against humanity in a conflict that would come to be known as the Omnic Crisis. The robots produced by omniums are known as omnics. These factories are powered by fusion cores that, if destroyed, can result in nuclear fallout.
Known Omniums[edit | edit source]
- Australia: The Outback omnium and its omnics were given the Australian omnium and its surrounding land after the Omnic Crisis in an attempt to make a long-term peace. Dissatisfied human residents created the Australian Liberation Front, which destroyed the omnium and unintentionally turned the Outback into an irradiated wasteland. Its remains were used to create Junkertown, and the Junkers continue to pilfer the omnium.
- Nigeria: The Nigerian omnium was a massive manufacturing omnium. The OR14 "Idina" line of security robots were built here before the start of the Omnic Crisis.
- Russia: The Siberian omnium, previously thought deactivated during the Omnic Crisis, is currently renewing omnic aggression. Upon order of the Russian government, Volskaya Industries increased Svyatogor production in order to deal with the threat.
- United States: The Detroit omnium was the subject of an article, in which the author attempted to find answers regarding the Omnic Crisis. An omnium was also located in San Joaquin.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2015-05-27, Overwatch is Back: Uncertainty and Hope After UN Confirms Vigilante Activity. Blizzard Entertainment., accessed on 2016-5-27
- Zarya, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-03-09
- Roadhog, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-23-09
- 2017-08-21, Junkertown | New Escort Map | Overwatch. YouTube, accessed on 2017-08-22
- Orisa, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2017-03-02
- 2015-08-04, Volskaya Industries CEO announces increased mech production after new attacks from Siberian omnium.. Twitter, accessed on 2015-08-11
- 2016-03-04, "[OPINION] Vigilante justice—is it vital in a post-Overwatch world?", Twitter.
- 2017-11-05, OVERWATCH ARCHIVES PANEL. Blizzpro, accessed on 2017-11-19