|Opara in a crew groupshot|
Story[edit | edit source]
Disaster struck the station when it was hit by a polar storm, damaging the station's solar array. Cut off from the outside world, the scientists were left stranded in the damaged facility. As their supplies dwindled, Opara gave the order to enter cryostasis in a last-ditch effort to survive until a rescue attempt could be made. However, the pods malfunctioned, leaving Mei as the sole survivor of the incident. Mei definitively confirmed that they were dead when she looked through the glass of Opara's pod and saw his corpse.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Opara is an Nigerian name that means "first-born son."
- In the promotional images of Ecopoint: Antarctica, the flag used for Opara's nationality is the Ghanaian flag. The playable map shows a Numbani flag instead.
- According to the script as shown during BlizzCon 2017, Opara was the person at the beginning of Rise and Shine who gave Mei her mug and reminded her that they were an hour behind schedule. However, the final animation features a man of a much lighter skin tone, implying that the character was changed out at some point.
Images[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2018-01-08, Michael Chu on Twitter Twitter. Accessed on 2018-01-08.
- Heroes of the Storm
- Rise and Shine
- Blizzcon 2016, Overwatch - What's New
- Mei, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-11-07
- 2016-11-23, Ecopoint: Antarctica Lore. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-25-11
- BlizzCon 2017, LoreCraft - The Art of Storytelling