Background[edit | edit source]
Though the travelers and road trippers who used to cross the US on historic Route 66 are gone, the Main Street of America still stands, a testament to a simpler time. The gas stations, roadside shops, and cafes have gone into disuse, and the fabled Deadlock Gorge is mostly seen from the comfort of transcontinental train cars. But amid the fading monuments of that earlier era, the outlaws of the Deadlock Gang are planning their biggest heist yet.
Known Locations[edit | edit source]
- Deadlock Gorge
- The High Side
- The Cave Inn
- Zed's Garage
- Deadlock Propane
- The Cave of Mystery
- Big Earl's
- The Panorama Diner
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- This section is a stub section. You can help by adding any available information to this section.
Attack[edit | edit source]
There are a lot of vantage points in Route 66. If you are a sniper, it is a good map to get to a high point and pick off enemies. It is also a good map for Torbjorn to set up his turrets and Hanzo to use dragonstrike. This is also one of the best maps for Pharah. This is also good for Lucio, who can knock people off of cliffs.
Defense[edit | edit source]
At the start of the map, your main defense should be the roof of the building near the first checkpoint because it has high ground and is in a good position. In the second portion, you want to keep the high ground and skirmish with the enemy team. You don't really need to be grouped up completely with your team in this section. In the last section, you want to group up near the ending checkpoint and attack the enemy as they come around the corner to create a good choke point. Bastion is almost always a good hero holding the right train car as well as the payload if he's paired with a Orsia.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An outhouse can be found on the map that originally contained magazine images of Symmetra and Mercy. The magazines were removed in a later patch.
- Inside the attackers' first spawn, there is a picture of McCree on the underside of the bar at the front of the diner. There is also a rifle next to it, indicating that McCree is not welcome in the diner. McCree himself comments that the coffee "[tastes] like boiled dirt".
- The black train cars in front of the Panorama Diner are matte black with what seems to be a federal star and "B7-CK" written on them. It is possible that the train cars full of weapons were meant to be delivered to Blackwatch before being intercepted by the Deadlock Rebels.
- The payload was originally a closed container. Alongside the release of the Reunion animated short where McCree retrieves the body of Echo from the container, the tip of the container got removed.
360° Panorama[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2016-03-23, Overwatch Beta 18.104.22.168.28072 added Achievements, Brawl Mode & Route 66 Map. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-03-23
- 2016-03-26, Blizzard Patches Masturbation Gag Out Of Overwatch. Kotaku, accessed on 2016-03-26