|Ana Amari (wife/partner)|
Fareeha Amari (daughter)
Sam was the husband/partner of Ana Amari and father of Fareeha. He hails from an indigenous culture in the Pacific Northwest coast. He and Ana became a couple after the Omnic Crisis. Even after she returned from hiding after her supposed death in Poland, Ana kept her survival secret from Sam, stating "I made a big enough mess of his life without having to give him the news."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sam first appeared in the comic Tracer: Reflections, but went unnamed in it, and was only confirmed to be Pharah's father by Michael Chu later. His first name was revealed even later at BlizzCon 2017.
- A younger Sam is depicted in Ana's Uprising exclusive spray "Newborn".
References[edit | edit source]
- 2017-04-29, Thinking Globally: Building the Optimistic Future of Overwatch (47:21) Michael Chu: "...we always wanted Pharah's parents to be important to her. One a soldier and one a public servant of another type. So, we decided that Ana would be the soldier..." YouTube. Accessed on 2017-11-26.
- 2017-12-22, Every Overwatch Hero Explained by Blizzard’s Michael Chu | WIRED (3:35). Youtube, accessed on 2017-12-23
- 2017-11-05, VOICES OF BLIZZARD: UNITED NATIONS OF OVERWATCH. Blizzpro, accessed on 2017-11-26
- The Art of Overwatch
- Tracer: Reflections
- 2017-08-17, Michael Chu confirms Pharah's father. Reddit and Yahoo Sports. Accessed on 2017-08-18.