|Ana Amari (former partner)|
Fareeha Amari (daughter)
Sam is the former partner of Ana Amari and father of Fareeha. He hails from an Indigenous nation on Canada's Pacific Northwest coast. He and Ana became a couple before the Omnic Crisis. Even after she returned from hiding after her supposed death in Poland, Ana kept her survival secret from Sam, stating "I made a big enough mess of his life without having to give him the news."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sam first appeared in the comic Tracer: Reflections, but went unnamed in it, and was only confirmed to be Pharah's father by Michael Chu later. His first name was revealed even later at BlizzCon 2017.
- A younger Sam is depicted in Ana's Uprising exclusive spray "Newborn".
- "Bastet" indicates that he and Ana were married. By the time of the short story, Ana no longer wears her wedding ring, but it is unclear whether or not they divorced.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2017-04-29, Thinking Globally: Building the Optimistic Future of Overwatch (47:21) Michael Chu: "...we always wanted Pharah's parents to be important to her. One a soldier and one a public servant of another type. So, we decided that Ana would be the soldier..." YouTube. Accessed on 2017-11-26.
- 2017-12-22, Every Overwatch Hero Explained by Blizzard’s Michael Chu | WIRED (3:35). Youtube, accessed on 2017-12-23
- 2017-11-05, VOICES OF BLIZZARD: UNITED NATIONS OF OVERWATCH. Blizzpro, accessed on 2017-11-26
- The Art of Overwatch
- Tracer: Reflections
- 2017-08-17, Michael Chu confirms Pharah's father. Reddit and Yahoo Sports. Accessed on 2017-08-18.