The Summer Games is an annual seasonal event in Overwatch. The event has special Loot Boxes, exclusive cosmetics, and an exclusive brawl, Lúcioball. The first Summer Games event started on August 2, 2016 and ended on August 23, 2016. The second Summer Games ran from August 8 to August 29, 2017.
Features[edit | edit source]
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Summer Games Cosmetics
All Loot Boxes bought or earned during the event are Summer Games Loot Boxes, which are guaranteed to contain at least one Summer Games cosmetic. Summer Games Loot Boxes which are opened after the event's end will still contain Summer Games items.
The Summer Games (including 2017) cosmetics include:
- 43 player icons
- 25 hero-exclusive sprays, and Two general sprays and 3 acheivement sprays
- 50 voice lines
- 19 skins
- 16 victory poses
- 5 highlight intros
- 4 emotes
Lúcioball[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Lúcioball
Lúcioball is a special brawl based on soccer, which takes place on Estádio das Rãs and Sydney Harbour Arena. There are two teams of three Lúcios, with a modified moveset. The objective is to knock the ball into the opposing team's goal. The team with the most points when the timer runs out wins. Both the brawl and its maps are exclusive to the Summer Games.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On August 1, 2016, several Overwatch streamers and content creators received a package from Blizzard Entertainment that contained promotional items for the event.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Our Summer Games are on a yearly schedule -- not a 4 year schedule." Jeff Kaplan. Battle.net Forums
- Welcome to the Summer Games Battle.net
- The Summer Games Are Coming to an End Battle.net Forums
- 2017-08-04, The Summer Games Return to Overwatch Next Week. The Escapist, accessed on 2017-08-05
- 2016-08-01, Overwatch appears to be getting some Summer Olympics-themed skins Polygon, accessed on 2016-09-28