Sombra Leaked?[edit source]
As most of you know, a possible leak has been revealed regarding Sombra. This may or may not be legitimate, but does it deserve mention on the actual page regarding her, or should we wait for the information to be officially revealed first? Serensetti (talk) 03:45, 9 October 2016 (UTC)
- I haven't looked at it personally and don't have an opinion on whether we should add it, but if we do I think it should have a spoiler/speculation header above the section with said information. --Fuzzlepuzzle (talk) 03:58, 9 October 2016 (UTC)
- I'm a little late for this since the leaks have already been added, but I for one am not comfortable with unconfirmed information on the wiki. For this situation I would wait for official confirmation first. EDIT: And if such information is to be added, it should be specified that it is unconfirmed until official word says otherwise. - TheModster (talk) 16:34, 10 October 2016 (UTC)
"ARG" or "Puzzles"?[edit source]
Sombra's puzzles so far don't really fit an ARG. It's been entirely contained within videos and pictures, no real life treasure hunts or anything like that. On the other hand, the fan name for it is the Sombra ARG, so there's precedent for keeping it that way. Thoughts? --Fuzzlepuzzle (talk)
- I agree with what the Game Detectives Wiki page for ARGs says about this: "Although purists may argue that all ARGs must follow very strict guidelines to be referred to as such, the term is commonly used to describe any cross-media meta game through which players progress based on solving a series of obscure clues." --TheModster (talk) 03:27, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- I suppose I'm focusing on the word meta here, because none of the clues are in-game. Wonder if the latest clue being the first one to not be in a Youtube video makes it cross-media? I'm not sure, but if it's enough for most people then I'm fine with it not being 100% the definition of an ARG. And there is a precedent, like you said. --TheModster (talk) 13:28, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
Unverified Puzzles[edit source]
Should we have unverified puzzles on the page? Tracer's trail is pretty obvious, but some people say that the sky code is just a coincidence. There's a lot of other potential leads we don't have. We could expand the page to include all of those, or remove all of the unconfirmed ones. Thoughts? --Fuzzlepuzzle (talk) 02:36, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
- I wonder if it will eventually be too exhaustive to list all of the possible clues the sleuths have been working on. It might be better to limit it to what is undeniably confirmed (although it is tempting to document everything just for posterity's sake). In order to keep a tidy page, I'm leaning more towards removing unconfirmed puzzles. TheModster (talk) 03:48, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
- I concur. We could have a link to things like that Google Doc, so people can still find current leads while keeping the Sombra page only for confirmed things. I'd say the directions (though maybe not the compass?) and the Tracer trail are both confirmed, as they're both very obviously added into the video. Would you agree with that? --Fuzzlepuzzle (talk) 03:53, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
Reaper's Voice Line[edit source]
I'd really like a video clip of Reaper saying "Where's Sombra when you need her?" in-game. If anyone has one (from a stream, themselves, whatever), can you add it as a source or post it here or something? :) --Fuzzlepuzzle (talk) 02:36, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
Pre-release promotion / ARG section[edit source]
User:Fuzzlepuzzle and I haven't quite been able to come to an agreement on how this section should be treated, so I'm soliciting feedback from other users in order to determine consensus.
To keep it simple, I think we both like the idea of eventually moving the ARG information (including the developer comments) into a seperate article that archives the timeline of the ARG campaign and the steps taken to solve it (for example, Sombra alternate reality game, Sombra pre-release campaign, or simply Sombra/ARG). What we couldn't seem to agree on is how to handle the in-universe hints and easter eggs. Here are some of the ideas we've discussed:
- 1. Leave the layout and sections as they currently are. After Sombra is unveiled, replace the "pre-release promotion" section with a short summary and a link to a main article with an appropriate title, and move the contents of the section (the "in-universe hints" section, "alternate reality game" section, and "developer comments" section) over to that article.
- 2. Separate "in-universe hints" and make it its own section with its own header, distinct from the ARG and developer comments. After Sombra is unveiled, move the "alternate reality game" and "developer comments" sections into a seperate article, but keep the "in-universe hints" section as part of the main character article.
- 3. Remove the "in-universe hints" section and divide its content between the "story" section and "trivia" section, as appropriate. After Sombra is unveiled, move the "alternate reality game" and "developer comments" sections into a seperate article.
Personally, I prefer option 1, as I feel that the pre-release easter eggs are part of a greater pre-release hype campaign in which Blizzard has slowly teased Sombra to the players and warrant being archived along with the rest of the ARG material. I'm not fond of option 2 because I feel it will make the article too cluttered, particulariy after sections for abilities, strategy, and cosmetics are innevitably added, and because other characters don't have specific sections dedicated to pre-release hints and easter eggs. I feel like option 3 is a fair compromise, but would prefer the pre-release teasers to be archived in full along with the rest of the ARG stuff. Amaranth Sparrow (talk) 08:09, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Weapon Damage[edit source]
Her machine pistol is currently listed as doing ?-8 damage.
I know that might be a difficult one to test, given that her max range is also when she has the most spread. Given that her weapon is rapid fire hitscan and has the exact same falloff range as Soldier 76, wouldn't her minimum damage also be 25% of max? So a minimum of 2 damage then?
(I know Soldier's current damage drops off to 30% of max but the PTR build, assuming it goes though, the dropoff will change that to 25% due to the max being increased.) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
Sombra's name[edit source]
- It's copy and pasted straight from her official website bio. - TheModster (talk) 16:13, 22 December 2016 (UTC)
UNKNOWN: An enemy Sombra's Opportunist.[edit source]
- I believe it was left by a previous contributor to note that it is unknown whether a Sombra on the opposing team will still see an invisible Sombra because of their passive ability Opportunist. So it was left to be confirmed by anybody who can test it with, say, a friend. --Gills97 (talk) 16:24, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
Soft lockdown[edit source]
Her pistol is described as having a 'soft lockdown on her target'. I don't understand what this means. Auto-aim? Aim-assist? One of those terms should be used instead, if that's what this actually means. 184.108.40.206 02:57, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- I believe that is exactly what it means. However, since I do not play Sombra very often, I cannot confirm that until I test it out (probably tomorrow). But if I confirm it, I will edit the text to be worded more accurately. --Gills97 (talk) 06:35, 24 January 2017 (UTC)