The Last Bastion
|The Last Bastion|
|August 18, 2016|
Description[edit | edit source]
- *zhwee beep boop beep*
The Last Bastion tells the origin story of the inquisitive transforming robot, Bastion. We follow the forgotten battle automaton as it unexpectedly reactivates after laying dormant in the wilderness for over a decade. Fascinated by its unfamiliar surroundings, the curious omnic begins to investigate, but quickly discovers its core combat programming may have a different directive...
Featured characters[edit | edit source]
Featured Locations[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Last Bastion premiered at Gamescom 2016.
- The short is dedicated to Yvain Gnabro, an animator at Blizzard who died in Summer 2016.
- The Eichenwalde castle can briefly be seen in the background while Bastion is walking through the forest.
- The season grouping for the short has changed. At GamesCom 2016, it was listed as the first short of season 2. In May 2017 however, it was declared to be the last short of season 1.
- It is explained in The Art of Overwatch that Bastion landed in the forest in a drop-pod during the battle. What remains of the pod are in the short, but is obscured by moss and other foliage.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2016-08-09, Animated Short Incoming: "The Last Bastion", Play Overwatch.
- 2016-08-18, This Is Yvain Gnabro, the Animator Memorialized in Overwatch's Latest Short. GameRevolution. Accessed on 2016-08-24
- 2016-08-16, Blizzard at Gamescom 2016 – Preview, "We are really hard at work on the second series of the animated short. We're gonna kick off the first episode, which is based on our favorite robot, Bastion." Youtube.
- 2017-05-19, Overwatch animated shorts are coming back for ‘season two’. Polygon, accessed on 2017-05-22
- 2017-10-24, The Art of Overwatch pp. 326. Dark Horse Books. Retrieved on 2017-11-26.