|“||What you Vishkar will never understand is that people should be free.
What you call freedom, I call anarchy.
|~ Lúcio and Symmetra|
The Vishkar Corporation is a multinational corporate entity, classified as a megacorporation, based in southern India. It maintains the Architech Academy where it trains individuals in the manipulation of light-bending.
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||Vishkar is building a better future for humanity.
You believe that? I don't even know what to tell you.
|~ Lúcio and Symmetra|
After the Omnic Crisis, Vishkar began the laborious process of creating new, self-sustaining cities to house India's displaced population. One such city, Utopaea, was created using radical hard-light technology that enabled its architechs to shape the city's streets, utilities, and living spaces in the blink of an eye.
Vishkar also secured a contract to redevelop large tracts of Rio de Janeiro. The citizens were told that the development would improve their lives. However, that promise never became a reality. Vishkar imposed controls on the residents in the name of building a more orderly society: enforcing curfews, cracking down on what the company perceived as lawless behavior, and exploiting the populace as a cheap labor force. Sonic technology was used to control the populace. However, that technology was stolen by one of the citizens who led a popular uprising, driving Vishkar out of the city.
Per the events in Rio, Vishkar was subjected to investigation, forcing the company into damage control. While this was going on, the company was involved in negotiations with LumériCo, with Sanjay Korpal engaging in confidential negotiations with CEO Guillermo Portero, relaying the details to the company's executives. The discussions involved importing LumériCo's patented energy systems. When Sombra leaked LumériCo documents and emails to the press, these negotiations were revealed to the public. Atlas News reported on the incident, claiming that the link between the two companies should be a cause for concern.
Known Members[edit | edit source]
- Sanjay Korpal (negotiator)
- Satya Vaswani (field agent/architech)
- Tamir Chada (PR Representative)
- Harita Patel (Head Geologist)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vishkar was conceived as an extension of the background developed for Symmetra. Its role was further fleshed out as Lúcio was developed.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lúcio, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-08-14
- 2016-10-28, LUMÉRICO REVELATIONS: CEO GUILLERMO PORTERO UNDER FIRE. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-11-15
- Symmetra, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-03-09
- 2016-10-26, Sombra ARG: Lumerico Website Update (Oct 25). Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-01
- Overwatch, Symmetra Quotes
- 2015-12-10, How Blizzard is making up Overwatch's story as it goes. PC Gamer, accessed on 2015-12-24